About the test
This comprehensive health check is designed for those who are considering testosterone replacement therapy or who are on testosterone replacement and need to have their treatment monitored.
Many men are interested to know if the symptoms they are suffering from are due to low testosterone levels and whether these symptoms could be improved with testosterone replacement.
This test will check your testosterone levels, but will also check for other conditions such as kidney disease, anaemia, or thyroid dysfunction that can cause similar symptoms.
Whilst some men may benefit from testosterone replacement, like all medical treatments it is not without risks. Because of this we recommend a health check before you start and then regularly once you are on treatment.
FULL BLOOD COUNT
- White Blood Cell Count (WBC)
- Red Blood Cell Count (RBC)
- Haemoglobin (HGB)
- Hematocrit (HCT)
- Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV)
- Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin (MCH)
- Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin Concentration (MCHC)
- Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW)
- Platelets (PLT) (Venous samples only)
- Mean Platelet Volume (MPV)
- Lymphocytes (LYM)
- Monocytes (MON)
- Neutrophils (NEU)
- Eosinophils (EOS)
- Basophils (BAS)
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP)
- Creatine Kinase (CK)
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Luteinising Hormone (LH)
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- Unbound thyroxine (Free T4)
- Unbound triiodothyronine (Free T3)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Globulin calculation
- Total protein
- Alanine AminoTransferase (ALT)
- Gamma-GlutamylTransferase (GGT)
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP)
- LDL cholesterol
- Non-HDL cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- Total cholesterol
- Total cholesterol/HDL ratio
Not enough biomarkers? Check out the Ultimate Performance Blood Test.